Places to Eat and Drink in Alston
Hungry and Thirsty?
Alston Youth Hostel is just a few minutes walk from 2 pubs and a hotel that serve food, 2 supermarkets open until 10pm, a Wholefood shop and Jack’s Takeaway so getting something to eat is not a problem.
Pre-booking the pubs is strongly recommended especially at weekends and Bank Holiday
It is always advisable to book in advance with the pubs and restaurant as they have limited space and may not be able to accommodate large groups at short notice – especially in the peak season and at weekends.
- The Cumberland 01434 381875 (good selection of real ales!)
- Alston House 01434 382200 (large seating capacity)
- Lowbyer Manor 01434 381230 (Thurs, Fri & Sat evening only – pre-booking required)
- The Angel Inn
Drinks Only Pubs
- The Turks head
- The Victoria Inn
Food Outlets, Cafes & Supermarkets
- Spar Supermarket & Texaco Garage – open 6am – 10pm with ATM
- The Co-Op supermarket – open 7am – 10pm with ATM
- Alston Whole Foods – superb selection of local produce and specialist foods including vegan & gluten free
- Jack’s Takeaway
- Saddlers Cafe & Bakery
- The Station Cafe @ the South Tyne railway station (Weds to Sun)
- The Nook Cafe and Farm shop – 2 miles from Alston on the Brampton Rd
- The Little Buffet Car – Slaggyford Station (Fri, Sat & Sunday when trains are running)
- The Hive Cafe and Craft Centre – Nenthead