Alston Youth Hostel will be on an Exclusive Hire basis only from 1st August 2020.
Exclusive Hire of the hostel is available to a single group consisting of one or two family groups from one or two households only following the current Government guidelines.
None of our bedrooms are ensuite so the bathrooms and showers are shared facilities and we didn’t want to close off the downstairs communal areas such as the self catering kitchen, as some hostels are doing, as this would not be practical in a small hostel.
Keeping Guests and Staff Safe
We pride ourselves on a very rigorous cleaning regime of the hostel in normal times (as many of our Trip Advisor reviews will testify!) but we appreciate extra measures are required to combat any potential virus infection. Keeping our guests and ourselves safe is our primary concern!
Here are the measures we are taking to ensure your stay with us is a safe as possible!
- Where possible we are keeping a 72 hour gap between a group checking out so that we can clean the hostel before the next group checks in.
- We are using a disinfectant (tested to BS EN 14476) that is effective against the Covid-19 virus to clean
- All bedding used by previous guests will be removed for 72 hours between guests.
- Check in and Check out will be contactless with hand sanitizer available at reception.
- A laminated Welcome Pack will be provided containing the important information guests will require during their stay.
- There will be a 24hr contact number for the hostel managers.
If you have any questions please contact us on 01434 381509 or email us at email@example.com